Communications Coordinator [Part-Time/Remote]
Regular Hours: M-F 9:00AM – 3:00PM EST
Pay Scale: $12 – $14/hour
To assist in the successful promotion and execution of all Do More Good and Nonprofit Hub initiatives as they relate to the growth and development of the organization. This position is a great opportunity to develop relationships with a wide variety of nonprofits while learning the interior operations of a rapidly expanding organization. The position is accountable to the Assistant Executive Director.
ROLES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Coordinate the scheduling of communications for all audiences using various software platforms and social media.
- Serve as the organization’s point person for planning, scheduling and tracking meetings and deadlines.
- Assist with event coordination, both virtual and in-person, including monthly Ideation Sessions, weekly webinars, and more.
- Help coordinate strategic planning initiatives related to growth and sales goals.
- Excellent writing and communication skills. This role requires strong editorial capabilities.
- Comfort working in web-based digital platforms and readiness to learn and adapt to new programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and the Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Presentations) required.
- Proficiency with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) and content coordination software, i.e., Later and Buffer is preferred.
- Knowledge of WordPress platform is highly preferred.
- Possession of problems solving skills and the ability to look at a project from various angles.
- Must be able to work independently and remotely with limited supervision.
DESIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Are you?
- Ambitious and self-driven?
- Highly focused and accountable?
- Desiring of a high degree of responsibility?
- Personable and easy-going – a team player?
- Passionate about helping nonprofits?
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Do More Good and Nonprofit Hub are two separate brands that work in partnership to curate and create educational content to help nonprofits grow awareness and support to grow their mission. Combined, we reach over 47,000 nonprofits each week with content, resources, and referrals to the sector’s top service providers.
We host a membership-based platform offering content, training, networking, and other opportunities to nonprofit organizations and corporations that are seeking to partner with nonprofits.
Prospective employees of Do More Good/Nonprofit Hub should be prepared for a fast-paced, sometimes intense, growth culture with a high level of autonomy and diverse responsibilities. As with most young nonprofits, every person within our organization is charged with taking on a wide variety of disciplines and duties.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Do More Good (and Nonprofit Hub, a subsidiary of Do More Good) are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
DO MORE GOOD is a registered trademark and not permitted for unauthorized use.
DO MORE GOOD is a registered 501c3 tax-exempt organization founded in the State of Michigan.